Grading and Excavating
An experienced landscaping company knows that the final product is only as good as the base you begin with. If your project calls for it, Groundshog Lawn and Landscape offers complete grading and excavating services throughout Catonsville, Arbutus, Ellicott City and Baltimore, Maryland.
The right slope and surface is extremely important for proper water drainage, erosion reduction and more. If an area is graded with too flat of a slope, rainwater will puddle and cause flooding, which can be particularly worrisome if close to your home. If the area is graded to steep, the soil will erode and many species of plants will not be able to grow.
We evaluate your site completely before determining the ideal grade for your installation. Removal of large rocks and debris from the grading site will help ensure a uniform surface for planting or hardscape installation. We utilize the best equipment in the industry for fast, efficient grading.
Excavating is a task best left to experienced landscaping professionals. Moving large amounts of earth can cause serious damage to your soil, yard and surround plants if not done correctly. When excavating near a home, walkway or utility, extreme caution must be used.
Our team uses a range of excavating equipment, depending on the needs of the job at hand. Our operators have excavating experience in the trickiest of situations, and safety is always a top priority. No matter the size of the landscaping project, Groundshog Lawn and Landscape pays extra attention to detail, from the first shovel of dirt down to the final site cleanup.
Our Clients Trust Groundshog for Excavating and Grading Services
We’ve built our reputation and our company around the idea that the job is not complete until the customer is satisfied. This simple policy has allowed us to grow our business through word of mouth and continues to earn us high praise for our work. Our customers choose us because:
- We keep it local – we service communities where our families live and grew up
- We offer Time-tested estimating for value-based services while working within a budget
- We provide coordinated planning for long-term satisfaction when maintaining or installing a landscape
- Year-round service for all climates and challenges is available
- Discounts for multiple properties, and friend or neighbor recommendations
- Convenient payment options: pay by cash, check or charge. Pay all at once to receive a 10% discount or spread the payments out equally over a 10-12 month period